Thursday, April 19, 2012

Basic Grey Challenge



Please excuse crazy clone strip on the left side. I can assure you the layout is square, but my ability to take a square picture was terrible today. It's the last day of the challenge so I am sucking up the bad photo and entering anyhow.

Cool thing I noticed while digging out the Urban Prairie paper pad... which I knew had the perfect colors for our Easter. Basic Grey is super ahead of their time. This pad is at least a year, possibly two or three old. It's filled with the same color scheme as the brand new October Afternoon, bees and hexagons. Could be a brand new release.

Anyhow the challenge was scallops, I fought a good fight with MTC trying to make the scallop layers exactly what I imagined. It's hard to tell in the photo but there's also 3 layers of partially welded, and completely welded title pieces. I really need to use MTC and the cutter more often, it's getting to the point where I've forgotten more than I know. I glossy accented the black for a super slick look.

The only non BG Urban Prairie parts are the journal box from Luxe and the Washi tape date spot from the Smash book line.

No comments: